Finish the job –
Husqvarna trimmers are known for being light and easy to operate. These trimmers, offered in 2 or 4-cycle engines (and now in a lithium-ion option), provide excellent power perfect for both home and professional use. Husqvarna trimmers come equipped with Husqvarna’s latest power tool technology, including a Smart Start recoil system and fuel pump. Many of their trimmers are also designed with a split-shaft, making room for up to eleven optional attachments. Turn a string trimmer into a hedge trimmer, brush cutter, pole saw, sweeper or many other useful tools from the same base trimmer unit.
Husqvarna trimmers will be the workhorse you can rely on for all your lawn trimming needs for many years with the proper care and maintenance. There are several Husqvarna trimmers for a multitude of applications. Here is our guide to some of the most popular and powerful trimmers.
Featured Husqvarna Trimmers
Husqvarna 136LiL Battery Powered Trimmer – $199.95
Equipped with the latest technology from Husqvarna, the 136LiL is a lithium-ion battery powered grass trimmer. The 136LiL is a low noise trimmer, and is perfect for lawn edges or small patches of tough grass or weeds. LiL series trimmers use a battery and charging method for their power, so they are free from starter cords and unpleasant exhaust fumes. This trimmer is perfect for homeowners looking to get their yard looking clean without the hassles of ordinary trimmers. There are a few concessions when you compare this trimmer to others in terms of power, but the convenience of the battery means less time securing fuel.
Huswvarna 525LST – $349.95
The Husqvarna 525LST is a popular high torque trimmer for professional use. The 525LST features a bevel gear that can withstand high torques. The machine has a robust construction with durable components and is easy to maintain – all to give you trouble-free use. The patented X-Torq engine gives you more power and less fuel consumption and exhaust emissions compared to a conventional engine. This option is also a great entry point for homeowners with large properties or tough terrain to clear.
Features of Husqvarna Trimmers
- Smart Start for worry-free and sweat-free engine start-ups. Just tap and go.
- Auto Return Stop Switch is a nifty feature that automatically snaps the switch back to the “On” position after you switch the trimmer off.
- Comfortable handle. An optional accessory is the J handle which prevents the user from getting too close to cutting equipment.
- Strong but silent when compared to the competition.
- Multi-purpose – as most models have the split-shaft design to accommodate up to eleven game-changing attachments.
- Lithium-ion battery power now available.
- Durable construction and reliable warranty.
Average Prices and General Information
The price range for a Husqvarna trimmer starts at $160 up to $480. Models start with the basic 128C, 128L, 128CD, 128LD, 128LDX, 128DJx, followed by 129C, 129L, 129LDX, 136LiC, 223L, 326LS, 430LS, 525L, 525LS, 525LST, and 536LiL.
The models are differentiated according to weight, cc, and horsepower. The lightest models are the LiC at 6 pounds while the heaviest models are the 536LS (13.01 pounds) and the 129LDX at 13.18 pounds. Because there are so many options, we have trimmed down the list to the most popular, yet make sure that you are looking at a trimmer that fits the size of your property and usage rate.
Among the Husqvarna trimmers, the popular choices among consumers are:
- 223L – 24.5cc, 9.04 pounds and 1.01 horsepower
- 128L – 28cc, 10.6 pounds and 1.1 horsepower
- 224L – 25cc, 11.24 pounds and 1.07 horsepower
- 327LDx – 24.5cc, 11.24 pounds and 1.2 horsepower
- 324LDx – 25cc, 11.9 pounds and 1.1 horsepower
When purchasing a trimmer, the following factors should be included in your list of criteria:
- Trimming quality – which is reflected in neatness and speed especially around foundations, trees, walls, and other lawn items.
- Cutting power – your trimmer should be high powered and have rapid acceleration for maximum efficiency.
- Edging speed and neatness, especially on a vertical line
- Handling and comfort – the engine should be easy to start and should be as light as possible.
- Maintenance – larger engines have more parts but can cover more ground. Consider the option that meets your requirements first.
- And user-friendliness
Recommended Parts and Accessories List
Do a comprehensive search for your Model Number and desired part or accessory with a simple Ctrl + F (or + F on Mac) command in your web browser.